Monday, April 30, 2018

Papercraft Business Challenge #6

Hi, crafters! How exciting! We're already on a new challenge - #6 to be exact! I can hardly believe this makes 6 months since we've started these. Once again, these challenges are always ANYTHING GOES; however, we offer twists as well. This one is no exception: the twist is Mother's Day! It can be a card, scrapbook page, mixed media, tag, a 3D project....Anything (family friendly, of course!)

The prize for this month is a great Lawn Fawn Mother's Day Border Die. 

Now let me share with you my project. It's something I haven't done in a long time, so it took me 3 tries to get the shape right. I thought a Tussie Mussie would be an awesome, elegant, classy way to give Mom a special way to hide a Mother's Day gift inside! Here it is:
Front

Back
I had to show the back of the Tussie, as the lace is so beautiful and elegant. I got it from a place on Facebook known as Pamela Joys House of Art and Design. 

So I started off by gathering some Prima paper I had in my stash, about a 9x9 sheet. I rolled it from one corner to the other, and shaped it into a cone as I went along. It took me 3 tries, but I finally managed it! I'm sure there's an easier way! Haha

I then glued it together and punched holes on either side of the top and strung my lace handle through that. To cover the inside to hide the lace "knots" to hold the handle on, I added more lace to the inside top. I then trimmed the top outside edge with my gorgeous lace and then with the dangly pearls. I added bling to the front of the tussie, and also added a hanging charm from the bottom of it with lace around that.

I sure hope you will join us for this month's challenge! We love to see what you create! Thank you for stopping by! I would love it if you would subscribe to my blog!

Blessings, Jeanie Ellis - Scrapbookingmamaw

8 comments:

  1. A "mussietussie"! Love it. And as you know your vintage style is amazing. Love this

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much, Aletha! That's so sweet of you! xxx

      Delete
  2. fantastic and looks gorgeous Jeanie

    gr karin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks gorgeous Jeanie. The three attempts paid off hun :) Love the vintage style. Thanks for sharing.

    XO Lisa @ Papercraft Business
    Join in on the fun with our Papercraft Business Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It’s beautiful! How do I enter the challenge?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness! I can't believe I never saw this! I know it's way too late for this challenge, but we still have our xhallnchal every month if you'd like to enter. Here's a link: https://papercraftchallenge.wordpress.com/challenges/
    Thank you! I do apologize deeply!

    ReplyDelete